Library and Reading Room Facility
The College has separate library and reading room facility for undergraduate and postgraduate courses. There are more than 20,000 books in the undergraduate section. In addition, 26 periodicals have been subscribed for the benefit of students. The library works between 9.00am and 5.00pm from Monday to Friday and 9.00 am to 2.00 pm on Saturday. The students can borrow two books of their choice per week. In case the books are needed for a longer time, they can be renewed for one more week.
All the leading news papers and Magazines are made available in the reading room for the students to be aware of the day-to-day happenings in the country and for enrichment of knowledge. The reading room is also equipped with LCD Television sets with most of the leading channels.
The postgraduate library has over 7000 books and 16 journals have been subscribed for the benefit of the postgraduate students of Chemistry and Biotechnology. The library is kept open between 10.00 am and 5.00pm on all working days (including Saturday). In addition, PG, students have internet accessing facility. The students are also allowed to borrow books from the library.
Students Support Facilities
1. Students Aid fund, Scholarship, Free ships.
2. Health centre.
3. Bank and Telephone facility.
4. Canteen and Drinking water facility.
5. Ladies rest room.
6. Students Grievance redressal cell.
7. Alumni Association.
8. Women’s Club.
Extra Curricular Activities
For overall development of the personality of students and to inculcate discipline, sense of Social responsibility, National integration and protection of Sovereignty of the country, environmental awareness and appreciation of rich culture heritage of our country, several extra curricular activities as indicated below are conducted in the college.
1. Sports Indoor and outdoor games
2. NSS programmes, camps (community development activity)
3. Essay writing, Debate, Inter & Intra Collegiate Competitions, Quiz, Talents day, Lecture Competitions etc.,
4. Ethnic day, College day, National Science day, Blood donation day, Cancer day.
5. Publication of News letter and Magazine
6. Study tours and Seminars.